Research shows that kids and families who unplug spend time in nature have less stress and do better at school and work. To inspire you to get out there during our dampest, chilliest month, ParentMap is running a Kids in Nature photo contest throughout January 2014.
Submit your snaps on our Facebook app to win these naturific prizes:
- Grand Prize: A family ski vacation for four to Sun Peaks Resort in British Columbia
- Second Prize: A family membership to Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle
- Third Prize: Four admission passes to Northwest Trek in Eatonville
- Honorable Mention: Three pairs of lecture tickets to see Richard Louv on February 11 at Town Hall Seattle
How to enter the contest
Enter the contest through this Facebook app. You can submit up to one photo a day. When you share the contest via social media (and please do!), please use the hashtag #KidsinNature
Criteria for submissions
- The submission must be a digital photo.
- The submission must be entrant's original creation and owned one hundred percent (100%) by the entrant.
- The submission must demonstrate the theme of the contest -- "kids in nature" -- and be taken in the fall/winter months. Variations on that theme are endless and creativity is encouraged. ParentMap has sole discretion in determining that the photo demonstrates the "kids in nature" theme.
- The contest starts on December 31, 2013, and ends on January 31, 2014.
- Entrants must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and must be 18 years of age or older. Entrants must NOT be an employee of ParentMap and The entrant must NOT be involved in any part of the administration and execution of this giveaway. Entrants must NOT be an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a ParentMap employee.
How and when winners are chosen
Editors will choose winners out of a small pool of submissions that have earned the most reader votes.
Grand Prize: Family ski vacation for four to Sun Peaks Resort
Sun Peaks is the second largest ski are in British Columbia, Canada, located just a 5.5 hour drive from Seattle. Three mountains of skiable terrain encircle the slopeside, ski-through village in a unique 360 degree layout, providing easy access to amenities and your accommodation throughout the day. This region is famous for light, dry snow, and plenty of sunny weather.
Recently awarded Best Overall Resort, #2 in Canada by SBC Resort Guide Magazine, Sun Peaks is the perfect destination for families.
- Two nights at the Delta Sun Peaks Resort hotel
Note: The prize package based on standard hotel room for a family of four. Upgrades available at cost to guest. Not valid for redemption February 7 – 8, 2014. Prize is non-transferable and has no cash value. Retail value approx. $900 CAD. Expires April 6, 2014. No extensions permitted.
Second prize: A family membership to Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle
The family membership is valued at $114, and allows two adults and two children free entry to the zoo 365 days a year.
Third prize: Four admission passes to Northwest Trek in Eatonville
Honorable Mention: Three pairs of lecture tickets to see Richard Louv on February 11 at Town Hall Seattle
Expiration dates to prizes apply. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. ParentMap retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted photo or name displayed on our website, magazine, publications and social media pages and used by us without any fee or other form of compensation. We reserve the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason.
By submitting, participants consent to receive ParentMap's enews and other correspondence from ParentMap. ParentMap will not sell or share your information with any other organizations.
Email Rory Graves at email@example.com, or post a comment or question here.