Strategies to nurture your child’s developing mind
Renowned neuropsychiatrist Dr. Daniel Siegel shares compelling information about brain anatomy and how fostering secure attachment through the Four “S's" — Seen, Safe, Soothed, Secure — with our child impacts his social, emotional and physical well-being.
Questions addressed in the video include:
- What strategies from your research have resonated most with new parents?
- What do you say to parents who still want to punish their children for throwing a fit?
- With all the stress and distractions of modern life, what advice do you give parents about emotional sensitivity and sharing enough focused loving time with their children?
- Do you foresee a day when mindful awareness training will be taught in schools?
- What is attachment research, and what are some of the fundamental principles of secure attachment?
- What advice do you give new parents who are struggling to balance life responsibilities and relationships with the addition of a new baby?
About Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.