As a busy working mom, I am a big fan of Trader Joe’s. I use my weekly shop to check out the seasonal shelf and stock my pantry with all my favorite products for my weekly meal plan. Here are five quick and healthy meals that I regularly make for my family. They are all simple to pull together, and the whole family enjoys eating them.
Monday: Turkey coconut curry with rice and garlic naan
This curry kicks off your week with a nice boost of low-fat protein and some simple carbs. The meal comes together in minutes, and with very little prep time required.
Cook time: 15–20 minutes
- 1 can of Trader Joe’s Greek chickpeas with cumin and parsley
- 1 cup of frozen peas (or other veggies if preferred)
- 1 lb. uncooked ground turkey
- 1 package of Trader Joe's Thai green curry simmer sauce
- 1 package Trader Joe's frozen jasmine rice
- 1 package Trader Joe’s garlic naan
Cook the ground turkey. Add the stir-in sauce according to package instructions. Stir in the peas and chickpeas, heat through. Serve with naan and rice.
Tuesday: Meatless breakfast tacos
Who doesn’t love Taco Tuesday? Try a new twist with these zesty vegetarian breakfast tacos. Simply assemble the cooked ingredients and enjoy!
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 package of street taco tortillas
- 4 fresh green onions, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 package Trader Joe’s soy chorizo
- Trader Joe's hot sauce, to taste
- Sour cream, to taste
Wednesday: Dill pickle falafel sliders
If you love falafel, you’ve got to try these sliders for a new twist on an old favorite. Pair them with your favorite chips and some extra pickle slices for a ready-made meal in minutes.
Cook time: 15 minutes
- ½-package of Trader Joe’s dill pickle mini falafel
- 1 package of slider buns or rolls
- Trader Joe’s veggie and flaxseed tortilla chips
- Trader Joe’s tabouli salad
Thursday: Grilled pork chops with savory cherry sauce and peppered new potatoes
It’s midsummer, and we’re still adding Washington state cherries to every meal we can manage. Cherries and pork chops pair perfectly with roasted vegetables and my favorite Trader Joe’s seasoning. Team up with one person on the grill and one on the sauce to divide and conquer dinner in minutes.
Cook time: 35–40 minutes
- Boneless pork chops (4-pack uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon of Trader Joe’s vegan chicken-less seasoning salt
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 cube frozen crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- New potatoes (2.5-lb. bag) chopped
- Baby bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon of Trader Joe’s Green Goddess seasoning blend
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
Add all of the sauce ingredients to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until simmering. Coat the vegetables with the oil and seasoning blend and roast them in the oven. Grill the pork chops. Combine all items and plate the pork chops with the cherry sauce.
Friday: Steak with jicama slaw and corn
You’ve survived the week, so it’s time to pamper yourself and the family with this simple yet indulgent meal.
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 steaks, your favorite cut, and seasonings for grilling
- Trader Joe's vegan mac shells
- Trader Joe’s Mexican-style roasted corn with cotija cheese
- Trader Joe’s mango jicama slaw
Season and prepare your steaks by your preferred method and serve with easy-peasy prepared TJ's side dishes. Voilà!
Leave a Comment