Are you a Super Bowl person? Check out our guide to a kid-friendly Super Bowl party, with 11 ideas to make everyone happy during the big game. If you're not a Super Bowl kind of family, then we've got ideas to help you take advantage of fewer crowds on Sunday!
Today, Feb. 3
- Investigate nocturnal critters with a night walk at Mercer Slough (call to register!).
- South Sounders: Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the story of a certain boy named Milo, with an Olympia Family Theater production of The Phantom Tollbooth.
Saturday, Feb. 4
- Catch a free performance by Clay Martin's Puppet Theatre at Northgate.
- See how the world eats -- and taste Thai food -- at the Burke Museum's intriguing new exhibit.
- Think nature and sports don't mix? This "Birding the Field" event at Seward Park will change your mind.
- Get tickets for an affordable, shortie musical: Annie, Jr.
- Investigate winter at one of two Tacoma parks with a naturalist-led walk.
Sunday, Feb. 5
- Visit the Seattle Aquarium's new otter pup, without the usual crowds of people.
- Sunny? See winter in bloom at the quietly breathtaking Witt Wintergarden at Seattle's Arboretum.
- Not sunny? Ice skate for free -- free mini-lessons, too! -- at the Everett Events Arena.
- Witness weaving and carving in action by Coast Salish artists at the Burke Museum.
- Lego workshop at our local Scandinavia HQ, the Nordic Heritage Museum.
- Learn about the Saturn V and make your own rocket model at the Museum of Flight.
- Oh, right, it is that Sunday. Don't forget our tips on a Super Bowl party that will please fanatics and non-fans alike!