Reader Anne has kindly sent us a Top 10 on keeping your kids movin' and groovin'. She knows of what she speaks - Anne is a nutritionist and fitness coach at Northwest Influence. Thanks for sharing, Anne!
1. Play together as a family. Kids like to chase their parents and also win in sprint contests!
2. Make exercise fun. Turn on some music! Kids love to dance!
3. Reward effort but not with food "treats". Try rewarding them with a book from Barnes & Noble instead.
4. Give them water as a drink option. Kids love it and are just used to juice being offered.
5. Eat meals as a family. Plan out your meals and include a variety of foods.
6. Get them moving as a team. Sign your child up to participate in a variety of activities.
7. Incorporate activity into daily routines. For example, walk to local stores, ride your bike to the park, take the stairs (try the stairs at Gap in U-Village for a burner!)
8. Practice what you preach. Be a positive role model and live a healthier lifestyle yourself.
9. Monitor it. Kids should be physically active for at least one hour per day; create an activity schedule and tracker poster together as a family.
10. You're the boss. You decide what, when, where and serving size and the child decides whether to eat and how much to eat.
Have more tips and ideas? Add them in comments!Google+