Jackie Ferrado, Washington GET Program
Jasen Biro, Edward Jones Investments
The only thing that’s growing faster than your child is the cost of college tuition. While we all know that it’s better to start saving when your child is 3 rather than 13, the reality is that most parents today are struggling just to make ends meet. Saving for college seems like a daunting, if not impossible, task.
In this live interactive webinar, ParentMap sits down with Jackie Ferrado of Washington Guaranteed Education Tuition Program and Jasen Brio of Edward Jones Investments to talk about tax-advantaged investment options that will help parents make college a reality for their children.
Webinar topics include:
- Sticker shock — looking at the costs of college
- New tax-advantaged investment options
- Benefits of college savings plans
- Washington State’s 529 Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET) program
- Essential steps to getting started saving for college
- Additional tips and recommended resources
|About Jackie Ferrado|
Jackie Ferrado is the Community Relations Manager for the Guaranteed Education Tuition Program (GET), Washington’s 529 prepaid college tuition program. Since its establishment in 1998, over 144,000 GET accounts have been opened and over 27,800 students have already used their accounts to attend colleges, universities, and technical schools around the country.
About Jasen Biro