Welcoming a new baby into your family is big, fantastic news that deserves to be shared. Whether you decide to shout it out loud to the world or announce your bundle of joy in a small way, we’ve rounded up some of the most precious announcements and ideas to give you the inspiration you need. From luxurious letterpress cards to DIY images and sweet photos, these are some of the most darling announcements we’ve seen.
1. Lindsey of Pillow Thought crafted a supercute birth announcement for her daughter, Zoey. The sweet touches of a beautiful baby blanket, swaddled baby, wooden calendar and glittery letters combine to make a swoon-worthy statement. Lindsey also found ways to incorporate important details, such as Zoey’s birth weight and length. All of these details add up to a truly adorable way to declare the news.
2. This modern birth announcement from the Etsy shop Babybaloo is a sweet way to communicate the arrival of your bundle of joy. The twee owl in the corner adds darling flair to something simple and classic. Wrap your baby in an heirloom blanket and snuggle him to sleep for a captivating photo and then treasure this card forever.
3. Letterpress announcements can be exquisite ways to announce the newest addition to your family. These templates from Etsy shop ColorQuarry offer a unique way to tell the world about your wonderful news, with fanciful designs ranging from whimsical sea creatures to out-of-this-world space scenes. These cards can also make beautiful framable art for the nursery.
4. Mais oui! Get inspired by the amazing letterpress options at Coco Rico Letterpress featuring sophisticated drawings, fairy-tale designs and modern typefaces to let the world know about your new baby. The French touches bring an international flair to your homegrown addition and will be treasured by all who receive them. Make sure to save one for the baby book, as your baby will adore seeing these once she is all grown up. (Tip: It helps if you have a Francophone around to help you order!)
5. Love the look of letterpress but dislike the cost? Paperless Post has some sweet letterpress-like options with fantastic illustrations, yet for a fraction of the cost. One design features two whales swimming along in a school of fish while delightfully announcing your exciting addition. Other designs include a vintage airplane putting along in the sky with a hot air balloon and bird. Awwww.
6. The Etsy shop Studio Linus offers illustrated announcements with darling hand-drawn images ideal for your new little one. You’ll fall in love with the whimsy of these cards, which feature charming and customizable details about your sweet pea and family, and you’ll want the whole world to see them.
7. Joe Kayse’s Etsy shop will create a custom announcement with all the important details of your baby’s arrival. The hand-lettered poster offers a more personal feel, and each is custom illustrated incorporating your baby’s pose. Probably no one else will have a birth announcement quite like this one.
8. Elizabeth shares her tips for an easy and unique DIY birth announcement on her craft and lifestyle blog. She started planning early in pregnancy with a shopping list for props, pinning away on a Pinterest board for inspiration and scouting out the perfect location for photos. Once she had her prep work done, she laid out her set before getting the star of the show ready for photos. Her tips will ensure that you have fantastic baby announcements for a fraction the cost of professional cards. Services such as PicMonkey and Gimp will help make your efforts look polished and professional.
9. Want to tell the world all the details about your newborn? A custom-designed, playful announcement from the Etsy shop Poppy Designs Boutique will inspire you to show off your little one while highlighting all his vital stats: place of birth, date, time, weight and length. Include a photo of your baby in an adorable pose and you have an awwww-inspiring baby announcement.
10. Keep things simple with a sweet photo and a minimum of words. Sometimes the uncomplicated announcements make the biggest impact with less to clutter up the image. Take a basic photo of your baby sleeping or wiggling away without any props. Add a few words in a photo-editing program for a smashingly cute announcement. Sappy Apple’s wiggly announcement of her baby boy, Casper, shows another way to use minimal text for maximum impact.
11. Basic Invite’s simple but colorful birth announcements will inspire you to personalize your news with your favorite colors and a sweet typeface. These cards might look basic, but they are anything but boring when paired with bright colors and details about your little one.