Wondering what to do with dad this Father's Day? We've got you covered!
1. Check our guide to planning a day with any kind of dad (think "active," "urban" or "geek"). Lots of ideas, from taking to the trails to dinner at a kid-friendly restaurant.
And if that's not enough
2. Creepy-crawlies, oh my! Visit a cool bug zoo in Seattle.
3. Great daytrip: Explore the North Cascades town of Newhalem, and tour gorgeous Diablo Lake.
4. For an active weekend of bike riding, hiking (and just lounging around), make reservations at Suncadia Resort, just east of the mountains.
5. This will require some planning (and make sure to check river levels before you go), but the Yakima River is a great family float.
6. Explore an "alterna-zoo" in the area -- baby kangaroo alert!
7. Catch one of summer's fantastic low tides at a local beach.
9. This granddaddy of a festival has been going on for 54 years, every Father's Day weekend. The Edmonds Arts Festival has a little something for everyone.