Clara Kappelman. Vashon Sheepdog Classic.
- Vashon Sheepdog Classic. Held every June on the rolling meadows of Misty Isle Farms, this herding competition (one of the most attended on the west coast) is a chance to enjoy local fare, fiber arts and other artisan crafts.
- Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival. Want to try fat-tire fun but don’t know where to start? This annual fest at the mountain bike Mecca that is Duthie Hill Park will kick you into gear.
- Free fishing weekend. Always held the first weekend after the first Monday in June, Washington State waives its fishing license requirement for the weekend.
- National Doughnut Day. If you need an excuse to pick up some deep-fried sweet treats with your crew, here it is.
- Fremont Solstice Parade & Fair. This famous artsy-quirky festival stars a free-spirited parade (be prepared for some questions about naked bikers), followed by art cars and kids’ activities.