Sandy fun at Jetty Island. Photo credit: Elisa Murray
- Jetty Island opening day. Trust us: Everett’s two-mile-long sandy beach gem, which you reach by an inexpensive foot ferry in July and August, should be on your summer bucket list every year.
- Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival. Kid-tastic activities abound at this Fourth of July fest held every year at the Center for Wooden Boats, including toy-boat building, free sails and other maritime-themed fun.
- Seafair. Seattle’s old-timey maritime festival has grown to encompass most Seattle neighborhoods and many towns outside the city. Parades and street fairs, the Milk Carton Derby, the Torchlight Parade and Blue Angels — activities spill from early July into August.
- BAM ArtsFair. The largest juried arts and crafts fair in the Northwest also includes an amazing Kidsfair, where children can create masterpieces of their own.
- King County Fair. The Enumclaw fair is inexpensive and old-fashioned, with free entertainment, rides and farm animals.
- Ethnic Fest. The celebration of Pierce County’s cultural diversity, held at Wright Park, includes performing and visual arts, crafts and food from cultures around the world, plus events just for kids.