Sandy fun on Jetty Island. Credit: Elisa Murray
- Jetty Island opening day. Trust us: A visit to Everett’s two-mile-long sandy beach gem, which you reach by an inexpensive foot ferry in July and August, should be on your summer bucket list every year.
- Seafair. Seattle’s old-timey maritime festival has grown to encompass most Seattle neighborhoods and many towns outside the city. Parades and street fairs, the Milk Carton Derby, the Torchlight Parade and Blue Angels — activities spill from early July into August.
- BAM ArtsFair. The largest juried arts and crafts fair in the Northwest also includes an amazing Kidsfair, where children can create masterpieces of their own.
- King County Fair. The Enumclaw fair is inexpensive and old-fashioned, with free entertainment, rides and plenty of farm animals.
- Ethnic Fest. The celebration of Pierce County’s cultural diversity, held at Wright Park, includes performing and visual arts, crafts and food from cultures around the world, plus events just for kids.