The weather is getting gloomier, the days shorter — but that doesn't mean the fun has to stop! We've rounded up 100+ arts and crafts projects for young kids to brighten indoor days, from nature-themed activities and holiday crafts to projects that make the most of items in your recycling bin.
Nature and seasonal crafts
- Celebrate fall with 10 colorful projects.
- Take a winter walk to connect with nature, and then create art from your findings.
- Build a whimsical fairy garden in the backyard!
- Adapt these clever garden crafts to an indoor windowsill.
- Get a primer in entomology by creating adorable bug art.
- Indulge a dinosaur obsession with these dazzling dino crafts.
- Teach kids that rocks totally rock with DIY geode-inspired projects.
- Make DIY journals, tie-dye art and more with materials you already have at home.
- Enjoy these creative toys that are crafty, green and oh so fun!
- Keep it simple with clever sculptures, tap-mazes and more.
- Try building a city or playing a game with cardboard boxes!
- Enjoy Earth Day at any time of year with even more recyclable crafts.
More ways to get crafty