The weather is getting gloomier and the days are getting darker — but that doesn't mean the fun has to stop! We've rounded up 100+ arts and crafts projects for young kids to brighten indoor days, from nature-themed activities to holiday crafts to projects that make the most of items in your recycling bin.
Nature and seasonal crafts
- Celebrate fall with 10 colorful projects.
- Take a winter walk to connect with nature and then create art from your findings.
- Build a whimsical fairy garden in the backyard!
- Adapt these clever garden crafts to an indoor windowsill.
- Get a primer in entomology by creating adorable bug art.
- Indulge a dinosaur obsession with these dazzling dino crafts.
- Teach kids that rocks totally rock with DIY geode-inspired projects.
- Make DIY journals, tie-dye and more with materials you already have at home.
- Enjoy these creative toys that are crafty, green and oh, so fun!
- Keep it simple with clever sculptures, tap-mazes and more.
- Try building a city or playing a game with cardboard boxes!
- Enjoy Earth Day at any time of year with even more recyclable crafts.
Celebrate an upcoming winter or spring holiday with these art projects for everything from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day to Earth Day.
- Celebrate Earth Day with DIY recycling games, art projects and more.
- Create the cutest Valentine's Day cards ever with these adorable ideas.
- Make leprechaun treats, tricks and traps to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
More ways to get crafty