The weather can get gloomy on these shorter winter days, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop! We’ve rounded up more than 100 arts and crafts projects for young kids to brighten indoor days, including nature-themed activities, seasonal crafts and even projects that make the most of items in your recycling bin. Follow the short URLs to get all of the details.
Nature and seasonal crafts
- Take a winter walk to connect with nature, and then create art from your findings.
- Build a whimsical fairy garden in the backyard!
- Adapt these clever garden crafts to an indoor windowsill.
- Brighten up your home with masterpieces from 10 colorful projects.
- Cure cabin fever with snow-inspired crafts.
- From DIY menorahs to decorations and homemade gifts, find fun craft ideas for celebrating Hanukkah and Christmas.
- Create a primer in entomology by creating adorable bug art.
- Indulge a dinosaur obsession with these dazzling dino crafts.
- Teach kids that rocks totally rock with DIY geode-inspired projects.
- Make DIY journals, tie-dye art and more with materials you already have at home.
- Enjoy these creative toys that are crafty, green and oh so fun!
- Keep it simple with clever sculptures, tap mazes and more.
- Try building a city or playing a game with cardboard boxes!
- Enjoy Earth Day at any time of year with even more crafts from recyclables.
More ways to get crafty
Editor's note: This article has been updated for 2022.