The view of Mount Rainier from Vashon Island. Credit: JiaYing Grygiel
Sometimes, a change of scenery is what everyone needs. We’ve got day-trip ideas for when you’ve only got a little time, plus some great destinations for a weekend family escape.
Day trips and quick overnights:
- Saddle up for Old-West adventures on a family jaunt to Winthrop.
- Find out why fall is the ideal season to visit a popular Washington mountain town.
- Play for a day on wonderful Whidbey Island with our guide.
- Where to find seaside charm in spades? In our insider’s guide to Port Townsend with kids.
- At this coastal spot, you (we mean you, mama) can actually relax.