Eager to get out of the house after our interesting week? You're in luck. There are many promising events happening around Puget Sound this weekend. (Reminder: Call to make sure venues are open, especially in the South Sound and the Eastside.)
- Celebrate Olympic Sculpture Park's fifth birthday with cupcakes and caramels, art activities and free T-shirts for the first 400 to show. Bring your Wellies and go on a tour, too! (11 a.m. - 3 p.m.).
- Attend one of four kids concerts in the Seattle area: Brian Waite Band, Juggletunes (both at Shoreline locations at 11 a.m.); Caspar Babypants (10:30 a.m., West Seattle); and for a nighttime pizza show, Recess Monkey at KidsQuest Museum.
- Meet a Sounders star at Secret Garden Books in Ballard (3 p.m.).
- Learn about critters in winter on a guided walk at the Tacoma Nature Center (10 a.m.).
- Learn to make a marshmallow shooter -- a Geek Dad project -- at Lakewood Pierce Library (1-3 p.m.)
- Learn to dance (and eat pizza, and make crafts) Scandinavian style in Lynwood (6 p.m.).
Sunday, Jan. 22
- Get arty-crafty at Bellevue Art Museum's free, winter-themed Family Day (1-4 p.m.)
- Read our preview of the Children's Film Festival Seattle (starts Thursday, Jan. 26) and decide which of the 125 films your family is keen to see.