Crossing our fingers that the weather report to the right will actually be realized! Here are a few ideas for making the most of it.
1. Plan one (or two or three) of these 18 affordable spring adventures around the Sound, from hikes to a native culture road trip to test-driving a new playground.
2. Get dirty while doing good: Sign up for one of these Earth Day volunteer opportunities this week
3. Watch polar bears eat Earth Day treats this weekend at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium and learn about your "pawprint" (Saturday and Sunday).
5. Do some spring-blossom-peeping -- here are five ideas, from the UW Quad to more unexpected places for cherry blossoms, daffodils and native blossoms. And for a longer trip, head north to the Tulip Festival -- about 30 percent of the bulbs are in bloom right now.
6. Go to this free festival that celebrates cherry blossoms, spring and Seattle's deep ties to Japanese culture (Saturday and Sunday).
7. Clean up on great baby/kid gear at this huge consignment fair in Shoreline.
8. Learn about the 2,000-year-old flying machines known as kites, and make one of your own.
9. South Sounders -- if you were just getting started when Easter ended, enter this citywide ostrich egg-decorating content.
10. Celebrate 75 years of ice skating in Seattle at this extravaganza on Saturday.
11. Go to this foot-stomping family dance on Sunday in Seattle, featuring a newly formed youth band Short Circuit.
12. Make a beautiful wooden picture frame at this craft workshop in Bellevue on Saturday.