Seattle's French Fest: A Celebration of French-Speaking Cultures will take place on March 19, 2023: 11am-5pm at the Armory Food & Event Hall. The festival is part of the Seattle Center Festál series.
This year, the festival honors the French gastronomy, inviting bakeries, restaurants, chocolate companies, etc. to participate. By showcasing artists and groups from French-speaking cultures, French Fest aims to raise awareness among French and American audiences about the importance of the French language in the world.
This year's festival includes:
- Master of Ceremonies (and Canadian Francophone TV personality) Frédéric Choinière
- Visits from the Consulate General of France in San Francisco, and the Consulate General of Canada in Seattle
- Cooking demos and tastings from local French restaurants, bakeries and chocolatiers
- Gansango Music & Dance, performing traditional and contemporary West African dance and music
- Performances by Te Fare O Tamatoa, celebrating Tahitian culture through music and dance
- Guest appearance by British photographer Michael Kenna, best known for his black and white landscapes featuring ethereal light
- Children’s activities including book signings with authors and cartoonists
- Opportunities to connect with French schools and after-school programs