More buzz on your next scoop
- Portland’s famous Salt & Straw is slated to open its first Seattle store in Capitol Hill in late summer. Stay tuned!
- There are all kinds of good reasons to go to Marination Ma Kai (1660 Harbor Ave. S.W.) in West Seattle. The views of the Seattle skyline, the patio area where kids can run around, the spam musubi, and the Hawaiian shave ice, which you can get with a scoop of Husky Deli ice cream.
- The Seattle-Bainbridge ferry trip alone is a treat for the kids, but top it off with a scoop from Mora Iced Creamery (Madrone Lane N., Bainbridge Island) to make it an epic excursion. It's walkable from the ferry landing.
- Try the Theo chocolate chunk at the Fremont location of Bluebird Ice Cream (3515 Fremont Ave. N.). If you have room afterwards, walk three blocks west to the Theo factory store to eat all the free chocolate samples you can handle.
- It’s unclear which is the bigger attraction at Full Tilt – the fun ice cream flavors or the pinball machines. It’s the perfect pairing for kids and the young at heart, with locations in White Center, Ballard, University District and Columbia City.
- Nutty Squirrel Gelato, with locations in Maple Valley, Seattle's Phinney/Greenwood and now Magnolia, has award-winning gelato and kiddie amenities.
- Cupcake Royale offers all kinds of fun flavors at its scooping locations; and remember, $2 scoops for National Ice Cream Day (you can also get a free pint when you buy one at its West Seattle and Madrona stores).