Photo courtesy: Procession of the Species
- Sheep shearing at Kelsey Creek Farm. Every April, Bellevue’s urban farm invites families to watch sheep be shorn, spinning demonstrations, pony rides, tractor rides and more.
- Japanese Cherry Blossom & Cultural Festival. Admire the cherry blossoms in hot spots such as UW’s quad, and then celebrate Seattle's Japanese heritage and the change of the seasons at this annual Festál event at Seattle Center.
- Tulip Festival. Visiting Skagit Valley’s Technicolor fields during the month of April is also a chance to tour some of the small-town gems in the valley, from LaConner to Bow.
- Procession of the Species. One of the region’s best annual parades is Olympia’s annual Earth Day procession, packed with wildly imaginative floats and kid-friendly fun.
- Washington State Spring Fair. This more low-key version of the September extravaganza features rides, entertainment, activities and animals at the Washington State Fairgrounds.
- Daffodil Festival. South Sound celebrates spring with this grand street parade, which moves through Tacoma, Puyallup, Sumner and Orting all in one day (!).
- Independent Bookstore Day. What could be more Northwest than this celebration of our best bookstores? Held on the last Saturday of April, participating bookstores offer parties, activities, deals and an incentive to visit as many as possible in one day.