Point Wilson Lighthouse at Fort Worden State Park. Credit: Tom Collins via Flickr CC
Whether you have time for a day trip or an overnight getaway, an escape to a new place provides a refreshing change of scenery, plus the opportunity for new adventures and experiences.
- Discover charming, Victorian Port Townsend with our insider's tips for the best things to do with kids.
- Explore a new and nearby town with these summer day trip destinations; there's one to the north, south, east and west.
- Hop on the ferry for a walk-on adventure to Brainbridge or Bremerton; read our guide for best things to do with kids.
- Saddle up for Old West-style experiences: travel east from the Seattle area to find them. Yee haw!
- Plan an escape to the famous San Juan Islands with our guide for budget-minded families.