Every parent and grandparent in town will be as excited as we are to welcome Publisher & CEO of ParentMap Alayne Sulkin and editor Elisa Murray to discuss ParentMap's new must-have guide to a year of living adventurously with kids in Seattle. Organized by season, 52 Seattle Adventures With Kids is a local's guide to the most affordable and awesome family outings around the Puget Sound region and beyond, highlighting a new outdoor or indoor adventure for every week of the year. It's written by parents, for parents (19 local writers contributed to the book), and is packed with insider tips on saving, snacktime stops and staycation know-how.
Within a two-hour drive of Seattle, you can hike to secret beaches, "camp" in a shipping container, play flashlight tag in a 100-year-old fort, walk an alpine ridge that's ablaze in the fall, whoosh down a 35-foot-high slide, shoot a pumpkin cannon, ride on a mini steam train, swim in a quarry, see real dino fossils, sled in a national park and watch salmon migrate in the heart of the city. And you might make it home by naptime.
- Spontaneous summer day trips and weekend getaways
- Off-the-beaten-track fall fun such as salmon spotting, yurt camping
- Winter escapes, from steamy pools to scary-fun sledding hills
- Spring adventures, including exciting waterfall hikes and mini train rides
- The ultimate tip list on saving bucks and escaping crowds
- 52 Seattle Adventures With Kids was created by the writers and editors of the Puget Sound region's most beloved parenting resource, ParentMap.
Event date: Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 4:00pm to 5:30pm