Tiffany Doerr Guerzon
If you hate dealing with pumpkin guts or you just don’t want the kids handling knives, try one of these no-carve options. Bedazzle a princess pumpkin, dress your pumpkin as a witch, make that gourd glow in the dark or give your pumpkin the wings of a fairy.
See below how to make this unicorn pumpkin and scroll through the arrows above for more creative ideas.
- White pumpkin (or paint an orange one with white paint)
- Pink foam sheet or pink card stock
- Self-adhesive jewels
- Fake eyelashes
- Pink tulle ribbon
- Straight pins
- Glue dots
- Roll the pink foam or card stock into a cone for the horn. Glue it closed with glue dots.
- Decorate the horn with jewels.
- Using straight pins, pin the horn in front of the pumpkin’s stem.
- To create the mane, cut a 6-inch length of pink tulle.
- Holding the tulle with the long side against the pumpkin, pin the end of the tulle onto the pumpkin, just behind the horn
- Gather the tulle about a half-inch behind the first pin, and pin it on, so that the tulle sticks up like a mane. Repeat until the mane goes all the way down the back of the pumpkin.
- Adhere the fake eyelashes.