We thought we knew Seattle Center. Then we worked on this month’s behind-the-scenes, multidimensional feature and learned how the center has reinvented itself in recent years in ways that honor and advance its mission as a community gathering space.
If, though, your summer goals are more about escaping the city completely, you’ll want to head immediately to “Get your gear on!” for cool tips from experts on making camping comfy and fun (two words: bunk cots).
And then, in the department of “potentially life-saving news that’s tough to hear,” find out about the shocking rise of sexually transmitted diseases among youths (“STDs! OMG!”) and what you can do now to prevent problems later.
Golden Teddy Awards
- The Secrets to Seattle Center
- Best Things to Do at Seattle Center by Age: Ultimate Guide
- The Quiet Side of Seattle Center
- Seattle Center Stories: Meet the People Behind the Place
- Sky High? How to Do the Space Needle Right
- Festál: Seattle Center's Window on the World
- A Summer Day in the Life of Seattle Center