Say cheese! It's ParentMap's Kid Selfies Photo Contest, sponsored by Verity Credit Union.
The selfie is a cultural phenomenon that is here to stay and has even been named the modern artist's tool for self-discovery. We want to see how creative the next generation of selfie-takers can be, beyond the "duck face."
Submit self-portraits taken by your budding photographer along with their creative descriptions and you'll be entered to win awesome prizes!
This contest is now closed. See the winners here.
Our online contest runs Jan. 20 through Feb. 8, 2015. Submit up to one new picture a day and vote on your favorite photo up to once per day. Invite your friends to vote on or submit their own photos, too.
Winners will be chosen by ParentMap editors from the 20 photos with the most reader votes.
How to Enter:
Submit your snaps on our Facebook app to win these awesome prize packages (scroll down for full prize details).
- A roundtrip travel package on the Amtrak Coast Starlight in a superliner train with beautiful views of the Pacific Northwest from Seattle to Portland. Coach, for two adults, two children ($400 value).
- A $100 gift card to Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria.
- A four-pack of exhibit passes to Pacific Science Center ($64 value).
- A four-pack of IMAX Theater passes ($36 value).
Total prize value: $600
Second Place Prize:
- A family membership to Woodland Park Zoo (2 adults + 2 children, $132 value, redeem by 12/31/15).
- Future of Flight overnight + gallery tickets package (six gallery-only tickets ($60 value); An overnight stay at Staybridge Suites Mukilteo - King Studio Suite (worth $149, subject to availability))
- A $75 gift certificate to Paint the Town.
Total prize value: $416
Third Place Prize:
- Two Teatro ZinZanni admission certificates ($221 value)
- A month supply of Clif Kid Bars (30 Zfruit bars, 30 Zbars, 30 protein bars, 2 Clif Kid hats, 2 Clif Kid Totes, $100 value)
Total Prize value: $321
Fourth Place Prize:
- Four tickets to see Pacific Northwest Ballet's production of Snow White ($120 value, tickets may be used for either the 3/15 3:30 p.m. or 3/21 3:30 p.m. shows).
- Tickets for four aboard the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad Bunny Express. Tickets include round trip train ride, egg hunt for the kids and museum admission ($124 value, tickets are for the 4/4/2015 3:30 p.m. ride.)
Total prize value: $244
Photo Contest Guidelines
You can submit up to one photo a day. When you share the contest via social media (and please do!) please use the hashtag #KidSelfies
The Submission must be a digital photo;
The Submission must be entrant's original creation and owned one hundred percent (100%) by the entrant;
The Submission must demonstrate the Theme of the contest. ParentMap has sole discretion in determining if the photo demonstrates the theme.
Criteria for submission
The submission must demonstrate the theme of the contest, "Kid Selfies" and feature babies, children and families. ParentMap has sole discretion in determining that the photo demonstrates the theme.
The contest opens on Jan. 20, 2015 and ends on Feb. 8, 2015.
Entrants must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and must be 18 years of age or older. Entrants must not be an employee of ParentMap and the entrant must not be involved in any part of the administration and execution of this giveaway. Entrants must not be an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a ParentMap employee.
How and when winners are chosen
Editors will choose winners out of a pool of the top 20 submissions that have earned the most reader votes. We will announce the winners by Feb. 16, 2015.
Use of photos
Upon entering one of ParentMap's photo contests, you are acknowledging and giving consent that your photo may be used on ParentMap's website, social media pages, print publications or email newsletters without compensation.
How to share
We'd love you to share the contest through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, by email, letter, pony express, however you share best! Please use hashtag #KidSelfies when you share, and tag ParentMap, too.
Email Rory Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org