Parents’ Guide to College Admissions
J.D. Rothman, author of The Neurotic Parent’s Guide to College Admissions
College admissions rates of 6% Kids applying to 32 colleges? Sixteen-year-olds with more impressive resumes than Fortune 500 CEOs? Has the nation lost its mind?
Why yes, it has! The college admissions process now sucks approximately 1250% more time, money, and psychic energy than it did when today's parents were going through the same process. Emmy-winning television writer and celebrated blogger (theneuroticparent.com) J.D. Rothman talks to ParentMap about the anxiety-ridden quest to find the right college for your teen, delivering her signature wallop of humor and insight.
Topics covered in the webinar include:
- College admissions timeline for neurotic parents
- Pop quiz: Are you a neurotic parent?
- Marketing and branding your kid: Does it work?
- Essential insights into the admissions essay
- Other strategies for helicoptering, hot-housing and micromanaging
About J.D. Rothman
Leave a Comment