It's finally (almost) here! If a chorus of voices at your house (like mine) have been counting the days until Halloween, thank goodness we are closing in on the big day. Make the most of this costume- and candy-tastic holiday with our king-size list of family fun things to do.
We've gathered some of the best, spooky-fun pumpkin, harvest and Halloween activities happening around the Sound for this coming weekend through Halloween on Wednesday, that's Friday–Wednesday, Oct. 26–31. Bonus: Many events are completely free.
Happy Halloween 2018!
- Bounce in the haunted bounce house, then dodge the pumpkins in the haunted pool! (Friday)
- Try a spooky night out at this lovely Shoreline garden, which you'll see in a new light (Friday–Saturday).
- Wear your costume and chase a monster at this fun dash in the park (Saturday).
- Partake in daylight trick-or-treating from local businesses and support a good cause (Saturday).
- More daylight trick-or-treating plus wiener dog races in Burien's nifty downtown (Saturday).
- March in a costume parade led by a marching band and trick-or-treat along Broadway (Saturday).
- Wear your costume to this super monster bash with live kindie rock and support a good cause (Saturday).
- Cheer on hippos chomping on pumpkins! One child under 12 in costume free per paying adult (Saturday–Sunday).
- Take the littles for indoor trick-or-treating and safe Halloween fun at the Children's Museum (Saturday–Sunday).
- Turn up in costume at the Museum of Fright for monster bowling and other frightful fun — kids in costume get in free and adults are $10 (Sunday).
- Turn up early for a seat to listen spooky organ music in a grand hall, free (Sunday).
- Sneak into Pacific Science Center for half-price for Halloween-eve indoor trick-or-treating and more spooky fun (Tuesday).
- Ready to step into the haunted woods? Show up at opening time for the less-frightful family scare (through Wednesday).
- For a special thrill, sign up to zip through the woods in the spooky darkness (Friday–Saturday).
- Check out some creepy critters then get your costume sweaty jumping your heart out, free (Saturday).
- Join some free family Halloween fun with a magical ventriloquist performance (Saturday).
- What do you get when you mix pugs and Halloween? Find out (Saturday).
- Costumes encouraged for free fun and games at the museum (Saturday).
- Get your zombie on at this zombie-rrific afternoon fest (Saturday).
- Try out a new trend with a short, thrilling family escape room exercise, free! (Saturday)
- Turn up to watch a whole mess of zombies dance to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" — for a good cause (Saturday).
- Sign up to wear your costume and perform spooky science experiments with your fam (Sunday).
- Wear your costume and enter the haunted hall for free crafts, indoor trick-or-treating and live music by Princess Rockula (Sunday).
South Sound-area events
- Find pumpkin-themed crafts, a costume contest and more spooky fun at this free community fest (Friday).
- Show off your costume to adorable raccoons and skunks playing with pumpkins (Saturday).
- Get eye-to-eye with some creepy specimens from under the sea at a free, marine-themed Halloween bash (Saturday).
- Make crafts, snap a photo of your costume in the photo booth, try trunk-or-treating in the park and more free fun (Saturday).
- Wear costumes and wave glow sticks dashing through the forest on the Black Cat Fun Run (Saturday).
- Learn to see like a bat and press apples into cider at un-spooky Boo Bash (Saturday–Sunday).
- Get a kid's-eye view of a real haunted house during a special, unscary kids' walk-through — with candy! (Saturday, Wednesday).
- Daytime trick-or-treating and a "Thriller" dance performance are highlights of Boo-Allup (Wednesday).
- Sip on some goblin brew and take a crack at spooky family bingo amid lovely plants and flowers (Wednesday).