Enjoying a pretzel in Leavenworth, Washington (pre-pandemic). Credit: JiaYing Grygiel
Quick overnight escapes
Even if you haven't made a plan yet, you can probably find a spot for a quick overnight escape, if you go during the week.
- The forecast is looking almost summery. Snag a campsite to sleep under the evergreens with kids. Just remember to pack exra-warm gear for nighttime.
- Zip over the mountains for Bavarian charm in Leavenworth; you might even find a hotel with an open pool (be sure to call ahead to confirm).
- Looking for sun? (Raising hand!) Try on Wenatchee's many attractions, including a riverfront bike path, local fruit and all that sunshine.
- You'll need to go the "long way," but a jaunt to Winthrop provides an excellent change of scenery and Old-West fun for kids and families.
- Scenic road trip itineraries around Washington provide inspiration for a quick spring escape.